We spent many evenings just sitting at the top of the Hill Cumorah and watching the sun set...there was no one there because the Pageant season was over and we had the Hill to ourselves for the most part. The children ran around playing Lamanites and Nephites, and rolling down the Hill. When I think of the Hill Cumorah, the word that comes to mind is PEACE. That is what I felt when I was there. That is in direct contrast to the events that took place there, but the peace I felt there was just as amazing as what I felt in the Sacred Grove.
PS - The crazy bird now lives at the Hill Cumorah. It took us all week to teach him how to be a bird and how to eat like a bird. We would set it free each evening on the Hill, but as it got dark, it would fly back to us and want to be put back in its cage...no joking here!!! One afternoon we took it deep into the forest on the Hill and let it go....only after we knew it could eat on its own. We went back the next day and it did not call to us or fly to us and land on our shoulders as it usually did. We figured it was finally happy being a bird!
4 comments:
Oh, I loved all the posts!!! YAY! And the end to the bird story is great!!! Thansk for sharing!
YAY you found a place for the bird! Love the pictures. :)
Gorgeous pictures!! Hey, did you pick up an extra kid while you were there? :) There's an extra one in your first pic. Just in case you didn't notice. haha
Forgot to say... Happy Birthday to Curtis and Scott this week!! Love Ya'll VERY VERY VERY much!!! (smooch)
Post a Comment